Garter carriage speed up

I’m looking for Elaine Cater’s attachment that speeds up the garter carriage. It clamps onto the table and garter carriage, has arms that hang down and changes the direction of the garter carriage and speeds it up. It looks like a doggy with a wobbly head. Where can I buy one?

Why not contact Elaine Cater direct to ask her
advice? I would certainly be interested and I am sure
other knitters would like to know. Muriel
Muriel Hunt
2013-05-08 12:40:52
I think you mean a Garter Carriage Monitor. Here is a link to information about it but I don’t know if it’s still available as the page was updated last October.”Ž
BSK sell Garter Carriage Turn Round cams which fit into the back of the needle slots at the edge of the knitting and are designed to make the carriage turn faster than it normally would.
Hope this helps
Sue P
2013-05-07 15:41:37
Hi again
If the above link does not work try a google search for garter carriage monitor and you will find it.
Sue P
2013-05-07 15:49:29
I would be delighted to sell my GC monitor – it’s in excellent condition.
2015-10-15 12:43:46