Twice as nice

Posted on

It is really good to see something different. I did make some changes to the pattern casting on and off with waste yarn which made picking up the stitches for the shoulders easier and also I marked the 70, 200 and 330 rows for ease in identifying the armholes and side seams. Also, as I could not see why the extra 10 stitches were needed on the front I actually cast on 95 stitches which, when the 20 stitches folded back were taken into account, matched the back shoulder 75 stitches exactly. The finished garment was a much needed success after a few disappointments. Still, I must keep on trying.

I am an avid MKM reader and look forward to my regular Saturday monthly delivery. Keep up the good work. One suggestion for inclusion in the magazine in future could be a hints and tips section as, on returning to machine knitting last year, I found this was the most useful section in my stash of old magazines. Best wishes for your anniversary and the continuing success of MKM from Carrie (Carol Frewin by e-mail)

Share on:Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter