NOVEMBER 5th 2017
Responding to the knitting craze that’s sweeping the country, Knit for Peace, a charity with 20,000 volunteer knitters, donating their knitting for those in need at home and abroad, is holding a stylish new event: The Great Knitfest 2017.
Following on from the tradition of craft exhibitions at Chelsea Old Town Hall, the KnitFest offers it all: courses, shopping, talks, learn to knit sessions. Expert knitters from around the country have sent in wonderfuly handmade items; baby clothes, scarves, blankets, all to be sold in aid of Knit for Peace’s work around the world.
At The Great Knitfest you can:
- Learn to knit with experienced knitters
- Improve your knitting skills with courses from the country’s leading designers
- Buy specially designed kits for knitting and crochet that are being launched at the KnitFest
- Get unusual yarns and knitting accessories
- Unusual gifts with a knitting theme
- Find real charity Christmas cards at the Card Aid pop-up store
- Have fun at our old-fashioned Christmas fair with bran tubs, tombola, bowling, and all the fun of the fair
- Hear about knitting holidays – from India to Edinburgh!
- Buy Good Gifts to support those in need worldwide